What we can offer:
The day is an introduction to respite for first time users or for children who are not yet ready to spend the weekend away from home at a Great Break Camp.
A Big Day In is a time limited activity run on a Saturday. Juniors and tweens (see ages below) have the opportunity to enjoy lunch and/or dinner with a new group of people in a safe environment while undertaking fun activities.
These days are broken into two age groups:
- juniors – seven to 10 years
- tweens – 11 to 14 years
The cost is $50 per person (price may increase if children have access to additional funding).
All participants’ costs are covered by this amount including drinks, snacks, meals, activities, travel and support workers.
Who is eligible?
Children and young people with a disability aged seven to 14years who reside in Hobsons Bay, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Melton, Brimbank and Wyndham local government areas in Victoria.
The priority of access indicators include:
- children and families who are not in receipt of disability specific funding support
- vulnerable children and families experiencing multiple disadvantage
- children from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- children from Aboriginal backgrounds
- children from Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- carers experiencing high levels of stress due to their carer roles.
How to access this service:
In order to make a referral to the Great Break Program please contact the Recreational Facilitator – Camps, Merita Whelan on (03) 9680 8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.