What we can offer:
- individualised recreation and support plans for children
- resources, equipment, training and support workers in order to facilitate inclusion
- consultation and support to out-of-school hours service providers
- advocacy and support to families who are attempting to access mainstream recreational opportunities within their communities.
Who is eligible?
Children with a disability and complex care needs e.g. high medical support, multiple care needs or behaviours of concern, aged six to 12 years who reside in Moonee Valley, Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Hobsons Bay, Wyndham and Melton local government areas in Victoria.
The priority of access indicators include:
- children and families who are not in receipt of disability specific funding support
- vulnerable children and families experiencing multiple disadvantage
- children from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- children from Aboriginal backgrounds
- children from Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- carers experiencing high levels of stress due to their carer roles.
How to access this service:
In order to make a referral to the ARC please contact the ARC Facilitators on (03) 9680 8444 or Andrea McGrath on email@example.com or Helen Thomopoulos on firstname.lastname@example.org.