What we can offer:
We provide services to young people with varying needs and experiences of homelessness.
MacKillop’s homelessness services aims to strengthen the life skills required to live independently, maintain tenancy and prevent future homelessness.
Support provided includes:
- provision of a range of housing options based on a young person’s needs
- regular meetings with a qualified and experienced case manager to identify goals, raise aspirations and confidence, and to initiate positive change
- supporting young people back into education, training and employment
- developing living skills such as cooking, cleaning, personal care and healthy lifestyles
- building connections to family and community
- linking young people to other specialist support services
- support for young people at risk of homelessness
Who is eligible?
This service is targeted towards young people aged 16 to 25 years.
The service is based in the Blacktown and Hills local government areas of Western Sydney. Clients do not need to be from these areas to access this service.
How to access this service:
Referrals can be made by phoning MacKillop’s Sydney office, based in Blacktown, on (02) 8881 4800.
For referrals to other homelessness services across New South Wales contact Link2Home (the single state wide information and referral service to assist homeless people and those at risk of homelessness) on 1800 152 152. From 9am to 10pm daily Link2Home provide information, assessment and referrals to homelessness services across NSW.
MacKillop is proud to deliver this service in partnership with Marist Youth Care.