Our Circle Program is based on the therapeutic foster care model. You and your foster child are supported by a specialist team that helps you to understand how trauma affects your foster child and to respond appropriately to their needs.
The Circle Program:
- starts with a therapeutic specialist assessing the child’s needs. This assessment is the starting point for developing a care program for the child.
- offers carers and children more support, via ‘wrap-around’ therapeutic supports
- recognises carers as a professional member of the care team
- provides carers with in-depth trauma informed training and parenting strategies
- engages birth families when possible
- offers higher carer reimbursement rates
MacKillop is currently recruiting and training Circle Program foster carers. Can you help give a child or a young person a brighter future?