The Family Mentoring Project is a free service that allows eligible families in the City of Maribyrnong to access support from trained Family Mentors.
What we can offer:
Family Mentors can assist your family by providing:
- someone to talk to and answer questions
- practical support that focuses on the health and wellbeing of your family
- information about local services
- knowledge and experience about their own families
- another role model for the children and young people in your family
Family Mentors are volunteers who are selected for their commitment to work as part of a team with our paid staff. Family Mentors are trained, screened and supervised by the Family Mentor Resource Worker.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to receive support from a Family Mentor your family must include children (up to 18 years of age) and you must live in the City of Maribyrnong. This includes the suburbs of:
- West Footscray
How to access this service:
For further information on how a Family Mentor can work with your family contact our Family Mentor Resource Worker on (03) 9680 8444.
Professionals looking to access Family Mentor support for a family they are working with are also encouraged to contact us.
If you would like to volunteer to become a Family Mentor and help a local family in the ways mentioned above, please apply here.