Foster Care Plus+ is based on the therapeutic foster care model.
You and your foster child are supported by a specialist team that helps you to understand how trauma affects your foster child and to respond appropriately to their needs. This program is based on our successful Circle Program, which has operated in Victoria for eight years.
Foster Care Plus+:
- starts with a therapeutic specialist assessing the child’s needs. This assessment is the starting point for developing a care program for the child.
- offers carers and children more support, via ‘wrap-around’ therapeutic supports
- recognises carers as a professional member of the care team, and ensure carers have access to all information about the child
- provides carers with in-depth trauma informed training and parenting strategies
- offers higher carer reimbursement rates.
MacKillop is currently recruiting and training therapeutic foster carers. Can you help give a child or a young person a brighter future?