Could you give a teenage mum and her toddler a home and a helping hand while she gets on her feet and learns how to be a mother?
We are looking for single people or couples to help young mothers build their parenting skills before being able to live independently.
Your role includes:
- providing a nurturing home environment for a teenager
- helping them establish appropriate routines for their child
- helping them learn about and identify their emotions
- helping them build self-care skills and transition to living independently
But you won’t do it on your own. We’re here to support you.
As a foster carer with MacKillop you will receive:
- initial and ongoing training
- a dedicated worker to talk to
- 24 hour on-call support
- financial assistance to cover the costs of caring for a young person
- access to respite care when you need a break
- a range of other supports that can be tailored to your needs
If you think you can help please fill out our online enquiry form and include that you're interested in providing care for a teenage mother and her child.