Children and young people who need general foster care:
- range from newborns to 18 years of age
- are unable to live with their own family for a variety of reasons
- require a stable, loving home environment
- may require care for a few days, weeks, months or even years
- may come into care by themselves or with their siblings
- come from diverse cultural backgrounds
- have different strengths, experiences, needs and personalities.
MacKillop has qualified, experienced and dedicated staff committed to providing our foster carers with the most comprehensive support possible.
MacKillop's Western Australian foster parenting program includes:
- carers receiving tailored and ongoing support from a designated case worker
- carers receiving in-depth trauma-informed training and parenting strategies
- carers being viewed as professional members of the care team
- carers receiving access to therapeutic specialists
- after-hours support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- carers receiving financial assistance to meet the needs of the child
- access to respite care for when carers need a break
- links to peer support networks of other carers in your area
- links to, and advocacy from, peak foster care bodies
Our Western Australian fostering services operate programs in the Perth metropolitan area. We also provide foster care in the Port Hedland area.
MacKillop is currently recruiting and training foster carers in these areas. Do you have a passion for helping to improve the lives of children and young people?