As a live-in carer, you’ll be providing foster care to vulnerable young people unable to live safely in their own home.
Sometimes young people in our care require more intensive support. This could be because of a relationship breakdown within the family, conflict with their parents, or the young person just needs some time apart to work on re-connecting with their family.
For these young people we provide residential homes with a live-in carer.
MacKillop has residential homes based in:
- Victoria (Melbourne metro north and east and central Victoria)
- NSW (Western Sydney)
- Western Australia (Midland)
As a live-in carer, you can either be single or a couple. However, because you will be caring for young people (up to three at a time) with more complex needs, you will need to be an accredited foster carer. MacKillop can support you with this training and accreditation.
Our live-in carers are encouraged to create a healing and supportive home environment where young people can feel safe and nurtured. Carers also provide practical day-to-day support like running the house and seeing to each young person’s living needs.
In return for your commitment we will support you with:
- a fully maintained house, including free rent and utilities
- 24-hour on-call support
- ongoing supervision and training
- use of a serviced vehicle (in some areas)
- generous tax-free carer reimbursements to assist with living and household costs.