We provide therapeutic foster care in the Geelong region where children and their carers are supported by a specialist team to respond appropriately to their needs.
Our Circle Program is based on the therapeutic foster care model. You and your foster child are supported by a specialist team that helps you to understand how trauma affects your foster child and to respond appropriately to their needs.
The Circle Program:
- starts with a therapeutic specialist assessing the child’s needs. This assessment is the starting point for developing a care program for the child.
- offers carers and children more support, via ‘wrap-around’ therapeutic supports
- recognises carers as a professional member of the care team
- provides carers with in-depth trauma informed training and parenting strategies
- engages birth families when possible offers higher carer reimbursement rates
- offers carers higher reimbursement rates and their case manager lower case loads
If you're interested in this model and would like to find out more, contact our Foster Care Enquiry Line: