What we can offer:
Great Break Camps promote inclusion by providing the opportunity for children and teenagers to visit local tourist attractions and community settings.
Great Break Camps are run over eight weekends every year.
These camps are broken into three age groups:
- juniors – seven to 10 years
- tweens – 11 to 14 years
- seniors and teens – 15 to 17 years
The cost is $100 per person (price may increase if children have access to additional funding).
All participants’ costs are covered in this amount, including drinks, snacks, meals, activities, accommodation, travel and support workers.
Who is eligible?
Children and young people with a disability aged seven to 18 years (inclusie) who reside in Hobsons Bay, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Melton, Brimbank and Wyndham local government areas in Victoria.
The priority of access indicators include:
- children and families who are not in receipt of disability specific funding support
- vulnerable children and families experiencing multiple disadvantage
- children from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- children from Aboriginal backgrounds
- children from Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- carers experiencing high levels of stress due to their carer roles.
How to access this service:
In order to make a referral to the Great Break Program please contact the Recreational Facilitator – Camps, Merita Whelan on (03) 9680 8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.