Cara at MacKillop is seeking carers to provide a safe and supportive home environment for the young people living in its Adolescent Community Placement home in Glen Waverley. The home can accommodate up to three young people, and is currently home to a brother and sister, aged 13 and 15.
Natalie Rio, Team Leader at Cara at MacKillop, says it is an extremely rewarding role and that carers will receive regular, structured support and professional development to help them transform the lives of the young people in the house.
Two carers are required to support the young people in the home. The role is suitable for either a couple, or two single people.
Carers are considered integral members of the Cara at MacKillop team and will receive benefits including:
- Rent-free accommodation in a fully-furnished house, including payment of all utilities
- A substantial fortnightly allowance to cover the cost of providing care for the young people
- Two days’ break per fortnight, when the young people are cared for by respite carers
- 24-hour support from experienced MacKillop staff
- Comprehensive training, including skills in managing complex behaviours related to childhood trauma
- Eligibility for a carer payment from Centrelink (in addition to the carer payment from the Department of Health and Human Services).
We're seeking your assistance to find a suitable carer for this important opportunity. If you know of someone who you think would be interested, please share this story with them.
If you would like more information, please contact Natalie Rio on 0411 692 252 or send an email to email@example.com.
Watch this short video to get a sense of the home environment, and further insight into the role.