MacKillop's ReLATE Introduction Sessions are free briefings that provides opportunities for questions about the model and its implementation in schools across Australia and New Zealand.
The MacKillop Institute’s ReLATE model is a trauma-informed approach that supports schools and systems to create real and measurable change in culture and practice, leading to improved teaching, learning and wellbeing.
ReLATE combines educational research, social science, behavioural theory and neuroscience to bring practical strategies to schools to embed in their daily practice.
A whole school approach to being trauma-informed means that the school policies, procedures, practices and overall culture are considered and continuously adjusted to support our children and young people from adversity to achievement.
The ReLATE Introduction session runs for 60 minutes and includes opportunities for questions about the model and its implementation in schools and systems across Australia and New Zealand.
In this session participants can expect to learn about:
- The research and evidence-based approach that informed the ReLATE Model.
- How ReLATE can support your schools and system to create the pre-conditions for improved teaching, learning and wellbeing.
- The ways in which ReLATE empowers schools to create safe, supportive and predictable environments through enhancing teachers’ understanding and response to behaviour and introducing new practical strategies.
- Why your school can expect to see happier, more connected and engaged students, staff and school communities through implementing the ReLATE model.
- How we can ensure measurable gains in student learning and wellbeing outcomes are achieved.
There has been a positive shift in our school culture & the way teachers view daily challenges. We’re no longer saying how frustrating and difficult days can be, instead we are approaching challenging behaviours with a positive mindset and ReLATE strategies are practical & applicable to every child not just those with trauma backgrounds.
Note: The MacKillop Institute can accommodate requests from individual schools or education systems to run a ReLATE Introduction Session on an individual basis. For all enquires and requests, please contact the MacKillop Institute on 03 8687 7584 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Tuesday 2 March||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Thursday 25 March||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday 27 April||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Thursday 20 May||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Thursday 8 June||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
|Thursday 22 June||3:30pm - 4:30pm|
There is no cost. To book your spot to our ReLATE Introduction session, please register or contact the MacKillop Institute on the details below.
Our Three-Year Implementation
Our implementation approach is agile and can be modified to suit your community and your starting point. In general, ReLATE is implemented across an individual school or a network of schools, over three-years. We can accommodate multiple sites participating in the same professional learning sessions to suit your budget and needs.
Download our ReLATE Guide here to learn more about our whole school and system approach to improving teaching learning and wellbeing.