This Foster Care Week, we want to focus on you!
Although we are unable run our usual events to connect during this special week, we are still able to celebrate together through our digital program which will allow you to connect, celebrate, hear stories, share experiences, and engage in wellbeing activities. The best thing is you can do it all from the comfort of home.
But first, to all our foster carers on behalf of MacKillop Family Services, we say thank you. Thank you for the compassionate support you tirelessly give to the children and young people in your care. Please take a moment to view our ‘Welcome to Foster Care Week’ introduction with our CEO, Robyn Miller, above featuring personal messages of gratitude from MacKillop staff.
We have an exciting Foster Care Week planned filled with activities that include live yoga and guided meditation, to name but a few. Check out the program of activities below and view the links to join in the fun. In case you are unable to attend our live sessions, most of our activities will be recorded and can be viewed at a later date that's convenient for you.
The below table summarises our celebration and informative online sessions throughout the week. See further down the page for the time of each event, and the links each day as they become available.
|Sunday 13 September||Guided meditation from endota|
|Monday 14 September||Mamamia’s parenting podcast , This Glorious Mess: Little Kids|
|A facilitated session with MacKillop clinicians*|
|Tuesday 15 September||Live yoga session|
|Thursday 17 September||Live celebration event**|
|Friday 18 September||Mamamia’s parenting podcast, This Glorious Mess: Big Kids|
*A facilitated session with MacKillop clinicians
- In this session, MacKillop clinicians Fiona and Lynda will lead a discussion on self care, utilising Sanctuary tools such as SELF (Safety, Emotion, Loss and Future) and self care plans.
- During this session, we will launch an anonymous poll, to determine where people are from and how long they’ve been foster carers for, and provide an opportunity for carers to discuss their fostering experiences this year. Acknowledging that everyone’s experiences are different, the session will seek to cover broad themes, share tips and celebrate successes.
- You can choose to participate, or simply link in and listen. Carers can participate through the chat function, or by talking with your camera off.
- Please note that our facilitated session has now ended.
**Live celebration event
- Hosted by MacKillop CEO Dr Robyn Miller, this event will announce the Regional Finalists in MacKillop’s annual Excellence Awards.
- The awards will feature light entertainment with a musician Nat Dunn and comedian Cal Wilson.
To join this session, please register here by Thursday 5:00pm (AEST) and 3:00pm (AWST)
Guided meditation from endota
Seeking some relaxation? This 20 minute guided mediation from endota will leave you feeling revitalised, calm and nurtured for the day ahead.
A facilitated session with MacKillop's clinicians
We'll be hosting a facilitated Sanctuary session with our clinicians on the changes experience in 2020.
Live celebration event
Hosted by Robyn, MacKillop CEO, our live event will celebrate all things foster care, feature entertainers, and an opportunity to present the Regional Finalist Carer Excellence Awards.