Are you sick of sitting around at home during the school holidays?
Do you want to make new friends and hang out with people your own age?
Do you want to have fun in the communuty?
Then LiNKABOUT is for you!
What we can offer:
LiNKABOUT provides a program of choice that meets the needs of an individual’s participation in community, social and civic activities in-line with an approved National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) plan.
LiNKABOUT recognises that all participants have individual goals and support needs. Recreational Facilitators assist participants to access community, recreational and social activities and develop their ability to engage in group based activities whilst strengthening their social supports.
View the LiNKABOUT program calendar for March/April 2015
Who is eligible?
- young people with a disability aged 8 to 12 years (tween) or 13 to 17 years (teen)
- young people residing in the Barwon Region of Victoria, which includes the Greater Geelong, Surf Coast and Borough of Queenscliffe local government areas
- young people who are able to be supported by a 1:4 or 1:2 staff/client ratio
- young people who are participants of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and have the following items listed in their support plan:
- group based community, social and recreational activities – weekday
- group based community, social and recreational activities – weekday higher intensity
- assistance to access community, social/recreational acts – weekday individual higher intensity
The meeting point for these activities is at MacKillop’s Flexible Learning Centre Geelong, located at 25-33 Oxford Street, Whittington.
How to access this service:
To make a referral to the LiNKABOUT Holiday Program please contact Emma Leunig on (03) 9680 8444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.