Access Ed is a specialist education support service for young people who are disengaged or at risk of disengaging from education. It is available to young people living in a residential care home.
Working in partnership with the student, carers, case managers and schools our goal is for young people to take a more active role in learning and improve their educational outcomes.
The Access Ed service offers:
- outreach tutoring and homework support
- vocational education support and guidance
- provision of educational and sensory resources assistance to access financial support to enhance education outcomes
- alternate learning strategies (i.e., music lessons, art therapy, mentoring, animal-assisted learning)
- access to community support services
- educational advocacy
How to access this service
This service is available to young people in residential care by referral only. Access Ed is available in:
- Western Metropolitan Melbourne Geelong (Barwon)
- Warrnambool (South-West Barwon)
The Access Ed program is also available to young people living in Bethany (Geelong), Anglicare (Western Melbourne), VACCA (Western Melbourne) and Glastonbury Community Services (Colac) residential homes.
Please enquire for more information or to obtain a referral form.