Access Ed provides specialist education support to children and young people who are disengaged or at risk of disengaging from education. It is available to young people living in a residential care home.
In partnership with the student, carers, case managers and schools our goal is to ensure young people remain engaged in education, increase their confidence and experience success as learners.
Access Ed offers:
- academic tutoring and homework support
- vocational education guidance
- targeted interventions to address barriers to learning ( e.g. animal-assisted learning, art therapy, etc.)
- access to community support services
- mentoring and advocacy to ensure access to education
How to access this service
This service is available to young people in residential care by referral only.
Access Ed is available in:
- Melbourne - Western Metro
- Geelong (Barwon)
- Warrnambool (South-West Barwon)
- Hamilton (South-West Barwon)
The Access Ed program is also available to young people living in Bethany (Geelong), Anglicare (Western Melbourne), VACCA (Western Melbourne) and Glastonbury Community Services (Colac) residential homes.
Please enquire for more information or to request a referral form.