Children in Residential Care is a specialist education support service for young people disengaged or at risk of disengaging from education. It is available to young people living in a residential home.
Working in partnership with the student, carers, case managers and schools our goal is for young people to take a more active role in learning and improve their educational outcomes.
The Children in Residential Care Service offers:
- outreach tutoring and homework support
- carer pathway planning
- assistance to access financial support to enhance education outcomes
- alternate learning strategies (eg: music lessons, art therapy)
- access to community support services.
How to access this service
This service is available by referral only to those living in a MacKillop residential home in:
- metropolitan Melbourne
- Geelong (Barwon)
- Warrnambool (Barwon south west)
We also offer CIRC to young people living in a Bethany (Geelong), Anglicare (Western Melbourne) or Glastonbury Community Services (Colac) residential home.
Please enquire for more information or to obtain referral and enrolment forms.