MacKillop’s disability support packages assist children and young people with a disability to access services to enhance their quality of life and strengthen their connection to their local community.
The packages also support families/carers with respite and/or support to access and self-manage the services they need.
- Flexible Support Packages for children and young people aged up to 18 years
- Children and Young Person’s Respite Growth Package for those aged between 6-25 years
Both packages are available to participants who do not have an NDIS plan and:
- have a diagnosed disability and complex care needs
- live in the local government areas of Melton, Wyndham, Hobsons Bay or Maribyrnong.
Flexible Support Package
This package provide short-term assistance, information about available services, planning support and help to access community and mainstream services.
Working closely with families and the child or young person, we aim to:
- identify and connect children/young people to the support they need to achieve their goals. This could include greater independence, learning a new skill, accessing education, respite or getting out and about in the community
- assist children/young people and their family/carers to self-manage their own support needs.
Child and Young Person’s Respite Growth Package
This package provides support to access respite-related services including in-home respite, community access and personal care. Limited funding is also available for continence products, equipment and recreation activities.
We support parents/carers to help young people access recreational and social outing in their local community.
How to access this service
To access a respite package, priority is given to families (including sole parents) who:
- find it difficult to access respite
- do not receive a disability funded support package
- need additional support in their role or to strengthen their support network
- have multiple disadvantage (personal, social or community)
- have limited extended family support
- are from a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background
- are from an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander background.
MacKillop has a limited number of respite and flexible support packages available. Due to the nature of these services, there can be a waiting period for packages to become available.