The Indigenous Healing Service supports children and young people impacted by child sexual abuse and/or family and domestic violence.
It is available to families living in South Hedland and Port Hedland, Western Australia.
The healing service supports:
- children, young people, adults and families who have experienced and/or been impacted by or at risk of trauma including, child sexual abuse, family and domestic violence, grief and loss.
- children and young people who are responsible for or who are at risk of sexually abusing other children and or being violent towards others.
By using a combination of traditional and contemporary healing approaches the service encompasses physical, social, emotional, cultural and spiritual wellbeing. Through workshops, information sessions and publications, we aim to:
- lessen the harm of child abuse and help make children strong
- support adults in understanding it is their responsibility to ensure their children and family are safe
- develop safety plans with family and significant others to keep children and young people safe.
How to access this service
The Indigenous Healing Services is available by referral. Referrals are made directly to the service by agencies or individuals. To make a referral, download the form below and return it to email@example.com.