Of students who complete the Thrive Program, 75% re-engage with education or go to further training or employment.
The Thrive Program supports children and young people to improve their educational outcomes through tutoring, mentoring and educational advocacy.
The program is available to students (aged 5-18 years) living in a foster or kinship care placement in Melbourne’s western metropolitan region.
Based at MacKillop’s specialist school in Maidstone, the program supports students to:
- improve their academic, social and emotional learning
- identify their strengths and interests as a tool to re-engage them in learning
- manage the transition back to mainstream education
- explore future pathways (eg: employment, alternate education programs or vocational education).
How to access this service
This service is available in western metropolitan Melbourne to those on:
- on a current Children’s Court Order within the Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) system
- supported by a contracted community-based case manager.
Please enquire for more information or to obtain referral and enrolment forms.