Of students who complete the Thrive Program, 85% re-engage with education or go on to further training or employment.
The Thrive Program supports students by providing academic tutoring, mentoring and opportunities for social and emotional learning.
The program is available to students, aged 5-18 years, who are living in a foster or kinship care placement in Melbourne’s western metropolitan region.
Based at MacKillop Education Maidstone, the program supports students to:
- improve their academic, social and emotional learning
- identify their strengths and interests and re-engage in learning
- increase their confidence as learners
- transition back to mainstream education
- explore future pathways (e.g. employment or vocational education).
How to access this service
This service is available to children and young people who are:
- on a current Children’s Court Order within the Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) system
- supported by a contracted community-based case manager.
Please enquire for more information or to request referral forms.