The clinic consists of interns and Masters students enrolled at Cairnmillar on six to 12-month placements at MacKillop.
All students are supervised by our Senior Clinician who manages the operations of the clinic and works closely with MacKillop staff and other service partners in the management of complex cases and practice quality issues.
This includes the provision of specialist expertise and assistance, case consultancy and review and the promotion of reflective and evidence based practice.
The clinic was established to provide high quality clinical assessments and therapeutic interventions that deliver positive outcomes for children and young people placed in our care.
The MacKillop Psychology Clinic aims to:
- promote reflective practice among staff
- promote evidence based practice
- promote therapeutic practice through use of the Sanctuary Model.
The clinic achieves this through:
- one-on-one counseling and support for young people
- family counseling and support
- psycho-education groups for staff and young people
- psychological assessments
- case consultations
- clinical supervision/team reflection and support for staff
- other psychological services, as deemed necessary.