On any given night there are young people all over Western Sydney couch surfing or sleeping rough... but you can help!
MacKillop Family Services and Marist180 are seeking live-in carers to care for young people aged 12-15 years in homes located in the Parramatta, Blacktown and Mt Druitt areas.
Live-in carers live rent-free in a MacKillop or Marist180 owned home.
Carers can be part of a couple, single, studying, retired or working, and of any cultural or religious background. They must be Australian citizens or permanent residents.
Live-in carers are on the frontline of keeping kids off the street.
To be successful in this role you will have the resilience, maturity, emotional intelligence and the mentoring skills to provide a safe, stable and supportive home environment for young people.
Live-in carers receive:
- generous tax-free carer reimbursements
- free accommodation in a MacKillop or Marist180 home, with all utilities paid for
- full use of a serviced vehicle
- specialised training, including how to support young people who have experienced trauma
- intensive support from experienced staff including therapeutic specialists, case workers and youth workers
For more information on the role, please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
Interested? For more info or to apply to become a Live-in Carer call 1300 144 981 or email email@example.com