Parents are provided with a range of resources including handouts supporting the development of parenting skills and targeted to families from a range of cultural backgrounds.
What we can offer:
The program helps parents to:
- understand the relationship between their children’s emotions and their behaviour
- support their children to manage strong emotions and deal with conflict
- use their children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- gain awareness and learn to regulate their own emotions
- develop skills to assist children to verbally label their emotions
- develop skills to assist children in problem solving
- guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Who is eligible?
This program is targeted towards the parents of primary school aged children and is open to parents who live in the local government area of Melton, in Victoria.
How to access this service:
This service can be accessed by contacting the Robyn Davis on (03) 8746 0541 or email@example.com.
These resources were made possible by the support of Portland House Foundation in 2010. Read more