The X-tend Program is an alternative and complementary educational path for students and is based at MacKillop Education Services Geelong.
What we can offer:
The X-tend Program will:
- provide opportunities for young people to experience success in learning
- offer curriculum that is engaging and meaningful
- promote social and emotional learning
- develop and enhance critical life-skills
- support young people to explore future pathways.
Support will be provided to young people in the following ways:
- development, implementation and review of Individual Learning Plans
- development, implementation and review of Therapeutic Response and Safety Plans
- development, implementation and review of Transition Plans
- student support group meetings held each term
- ongoing assessment and reporting
- referral to internal and/or external support services as required.
Who is eligible?
The X-tend Program supports young people aged from 12 to 17 years who are disengaged or are at risk of disengaging from education. This includes those young people who are, or have been, involved with child protection and/or mental health services.
How to access this service:
For more information or to obtain referral and enrolment forms call (03) 5248 2557 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.