Working with families expecting a baby, or with children aged up to 12 years, the Family Strengthening Service supports parents to access a range of services to give them the confidence and skills necessary to raise healthy, happy children.
MacKillop provides the program to families living in the rural NSW regions of:
- Brewarrina (including Barwon 4 and West Brewarrina Reserves)
- Coonamble (including Coonamble and Quambone)
- Walgett (including Gingie and Namoi Reserves)
Our aim is to ensure families are connected to community-based services to support them and their child’s development. By working in partnership with other community agencies, we provide families with access to:
- informal support groups and appropriate services in their local community
- supported playgroups for the opportunity to meet other parents and share experiences and for children to socialise, play and learn in a structured and positive environment
- services to ensure children have: physical, social and emotional skills appropriate for their age; and literacy and numeracy skills appropriate for their age.
How to access this service
The Family Strengthening Service is available free to families. Families can self-refer by contacting us directly or be referred by community groups or agencies.