Strategic planning is critical to MacKillop's development as an organisation and outlines the direction we will take in the coming years. It allows us to design, inform and provide the most effective services to vulnerable children, young people and families.
Our 2020-2027 Strategic Plan establishes our strategy to deliver the highest quality services, with a particular focus on supporting families and young people earlier to prevent harm and improve outcomes. The plan is founded on our purpose and values, and our ongoing commitment to trauma-informed, therapeutic response to facilitate healing and create child safe environments.
Children, young people and families are welcomed and supported by MacKillop Family Services to be empowered and thrive.
Our Statement of Purpose
MacKillop Family Services continues our founders’ passionate commitment to social justice – to work for the rights of children, young people and families to be safe, to learn, feel nurtured and connected to culture. We provide high quality services to promote healing from trauma and loss, and to enable hopeful futures.
MacKillop Family Services will care compassionately, respond large-heartedly and advocate courageously.
What we aim to achieve
Our Strategic Plan outlines the following five goals:
- Grow high quality, inclusive services to prevent harm, to support healing and to respond where the need is great.
- Be an innovative and responsive leader by developing best practices and advocating for social justice.
- Deepen our commitment to Aboriginal self-determination, reconciliation and cultural safety.
- Ensure accountable and integrated systems that prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children, families, volunteers and staff.
- Strengthen organisational and financial sustainability.