The Heritage and Information Service is responsible for preserving and safely storing the historical records for orphanages and children’s homes established by the Sisters of Mercy, the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of St Joseph. This collection of records dates from 1857. Read more about our history the orphanages run by our founding congregations.
What we can offer:
- searches for records and photographs
- supported access to records
- advice about where and how to search for records
- searches for and reunification with separated family members
- site visits to MacKillop’s Heritage Display.
How to access this service
If you would like to request a search to be made for information about yourself or a family member, please submit it using our Records Enquiry Form.