Skip to main content

Aboriginal Foster Care Agencies

We aim to place children and young people with carers who can help them keep their cultural identity and connections.

We value placements with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families that can create and maintain positive cultural connections for these children while they are away from their families.

We welcome Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander foster carers to work with us.

However, if you are interested in caring specifically for Aboriginal children and young people, or you would like to work specifically with an Aboriginal organisation, we encourage you to contact one of our Aboriginal partner organisations.


Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA)

340 Bell Street

Preston VIC 3072

Wathuarong Aboriginal Co-operative

62 Morgan Street

North Geelong VIC 3215

Gunditjmara Aboriginal Cooperative

135 Kepler Street

Warrnambool VIC 3280

Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation

21 Scott Street

Heywood VIC 3304

Phone number one 03 5527 0000

Winda-Mara Aboriginal Corporation

107 Thompson Street

Hamilton VIC 3300

Phone number one 03 5527 0090

New South Wales

Illawarra Aboriginal Corporation Myimbarr OOHC

335 Crown Street

Wollongong NSW 2500

South Coast Medical Service Aboriginal Corporation

38–44 Berry Street

Nowra 2541

Western Australia

Woolkabunning Kiaka

575 Seven Hills Road,

Roelands WA 6266

Wirraka Maya Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (WMHSAC)

17 Hamilton Road

South Hedland WA 6722

Phone number one 08 9172 0444