MacKillop is always looking to attract and retain dedicated people, like us, committed to supporting some of the most marginalised people in our community.
At MacKillop, we are passionate about seeing children grow and thrive in loving, supported environments.
As a leading provider of community and family services, we are committed to empowering vulnerable children, young people and families to continually evolve and improve.
As a member of the MacKillop team, we will support you with:
Salary Packaging up to $18,550 per year, which allows you to reduce the amount of tax you pay (see the video below on how salary packaging works)
- plus additional salary packaging options including rent, mortgage interest, rental utilities, holiday transport and property purchase for employees living and working in a remote areas.
Family friendly, flexible hours including:
- paid maternity leave
- part-time options where appropriate
- opportunity to buy leave that enables you to take an additional two/four weeks leave per year by adjusting your salary to 50/48 weeks paid over the full 52 weeks.
Career development, education and training including:
- study leave
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) training for employees working in education services, residential care and foster care
- study to gain your Certificate IV in Child Youth and Family Intervention (residential employees).
Employee Assistance Program (for employees and immediate family members and foster carers) that offers:
- counselling and coaching support relating to work or personal challenges
- emotional support from trauma counsellors following critical incidents experienced in the workplace
- health advice from qualified nutritionists
- financial counselling support.
MacKillop’s work is underpinned by the Sanctuary Model, an evidence-supported, whole-of-organisation framework that brings our values to life. The model reinforces our ability to create a safe environment that teaches people to cope effectively with stress and trauma, and to heal.
All employees undergo Sanctuary training as part of their induction to the organisation.
MacKillop is a recognised Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) employer of choice for gender equality.
We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, gender diverse, intersex and asexual (LGBTIQA+) staff at MacKillop. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services to LGBTIQA+ clients and have been awarded Rainbow Tick accreditation.