On the back of a successful pilot project in 2019, we are launching a revised program for young people under the age of 18 who are living in South West Victoria in either foster care or residential care. The program will connect children with like-minded mentors who will engage them through shared hobbies, interests or skills.
Our aim is to link children with an additional positive and supportive role model who can provide them with further connections into their local communities. Meeting fortnightly, activities might include taking the child to their netball or football training, developing a skill or enjoying a mutual hobby.
Identified young people will be matched with a volunteer based upon need, mutual interest and other suitability criteria.
As a MacKillop volunteer you will be supported with ongoing training, supervision and specific guidance when required. You will also benefit from the knowledge that you are contributing to something upon which a value cannot be placed
In return, we ask that you:
- Are available fortnightly for at least some time on weekends or after school.
- Commit to MacKillop’s policies and values.
- Support MacKillop’s commitment to the Child Safe Standards.
- Are happy to work as part of our team.
- Undergo compliance checking, including a Working with Children and Police check.
To express interest in this new program, please complete our short enquiry form.
Please note, this program is only running in South West Victoria.