We're piloting a mentoring program with children in foster care under the age of 18 in South West Victoria. The program aims to connect children with like-minded mentors who will engage them through shared hobbies, interests or job skills.
Our aim is to connect children with supportive adults in the community, who can meet at least fortnightly. That might include taking the child to their football games and training, professionals or upskilling job seekers in their industry, or enjoying a mutual hobby.
Prospective volunteer mentors will be appropriately matched with foster children based upon mutual skills and interests.
This pilot program will run for six months, with potential to extend into 2020.
As a MacKillop volunteer you will be supported with ongoing training, supervision and specific guidance when required.
In return, we ask that you:
- Are available at least once per fortnight until the end of 2019, on weekends or afterschool. Additional availability is preferred.
- Commit to MacKillop’s policies and values.
- Support MacKillop’s commitment to the Child Safe Standards.
- Are happy to work as part of our team.
- Undergo a Police Check and obtain a Working with Children Check.
To express interest in this new program, please complete our short enquiry form.
Please note, this program is only running in South West Victoria.