Live-in youth mentors (lead tenants) create a safe, stable, caring and supportive living environment for young people who can’t live safely in their own home. This can be for a variety of reasons, including family breakdowns.
Live-in youth mentors can conduct their role singularly or as a couple (dependent on the home). You will be a positive role model in the home, leading by example in showing others how to take responsibility for household chores and routines and how to manage their day-to-day living needs. Your gentle guidance will be invaluable to the young person as they begin their transition to independent living.
Live-in youth mentors will receive:
- a fully maintained house, including free rent and utilities
- regular supervision and ongoing training
- regular contact with support staff and case managers
- the chance to learn practical skills relevant to the industry
- the opportunity to improve the program
We are looking for live-in youth mentors at MacKillop residential homes based in:
- metropolitan Melbourne - North, South and West
- metropolitan western Sydney
For more information about the role, download the position description below:
If you have further questions about the role, please contact one of our team - or simply fill in the form below to apply today!