The Substance Abuse Family Support program supports families where AOD (alcohol and other drug use) impacts family life and the wellbeing of children.
It is available to families living in Melbourne’s metropolitan west and Brimbank Melton regions and in homes when:
- at least one parent or carer has an identified substance issue
- they are willing to tackle their substance issue
- substance misuse has the potential to impact the children and family's wellbeing.
The service offers a range of home-based outreach support that includes:
- harm minimisation
- relapse prevention
- help to create a safe and stable home environment
- assistance to enhance parenting skills, life skills, personal development
- support to access appropriate community services.
How to access this service
Referrals to the Substance Abuse and Family Support service can be made by either the family or involved professionals and is available to those living in the Victorian local government areas of:
- Moonee Valley
- Hobsons Bay
For enquiries and referrals please contact the Substance Abuse and Family Support Intake Worker on (03) 9680 8444 during business hours.