Of students who complete the Western Education Support Team program, 75% re-engage with education or go to further training or employment.
The Western Education Support Team supports children and young people to improve their educational outcomes in a positive learning environment.
The program is available to students (aged 5-18 years) living at home, in a residential unit or in a foster or kinship care placement in Melbourne’s western metropolitan region.
Based at MacKillop’s specialist school in Maidstone, the program supports students to:
- improve their academic, social and emotional learning
- identify their strengths and interests as a tool to re-engage them in learning
- manage the transition back to mainstream education
- explore future pathways (eg: employment, alternate education programs).
How to access this service
This service is available to those:
- on a current Children’s Court Order within the Out-of-Home Care (OOHC) system
- supported by a Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) case manager or a contracted community-based case manager.
Please enquire for more information or to obtain referral and enrolment forms.