Our specialist schools are suited to students with social and/or emotional behaviours that cannot be managed in a mainstream setting.
By catering to a student’s learning and wellbeing needs we develop a flexible, individualised program to prepare them academically and socially to return to mainstream education.
MacKillop has two Victorian specialists schools:
- the Geelong school is available to students aged 5-16 years (Prep-Year 10)
- the Maidstone school (western metropolitan region) is available to students aged 5-12 years (Prep-Grade 6)
Our teaching curriculum is underpinned by the RELATE Rethinking Learning and Teaching Environments Model to ensure we provide a safe learning environment for children and young people impacted by trauma. It is a holistic, school-wide change model that targets at-risk students.
Our education program offers:
- individual or small group learning
- on and off-site alternate programs to develop school readiness
- referrals for specialist support services.
How to enrol
Students are referred to our specialist schools by their own school, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) or a mental health service. Please enquire for to obtain referral and enrolment forms.