MacKillop Education operates two specialist schools suited to students whose learning needs and social and/or emotional behaviours cannot be adequately supported in a mainstream setting.
To cater for a student’s learning and wellbeing needs, we provide an environment that empowers students to re-engage in education and supports them academically and socially so they can experience success in learning and either continue their education at MacKillop or return to their host school.
MacKillop has two Specialist Schools in Victoria:
- the Geelong school is available to students aged 5-18 years (Foundation - VCAL)
- the Maidstone school (western metropolitan region) is available to students aged 8-12 years (Year 3 - Year 6)
We implement the Victorian Curriculum. The RELATE (Rethinking Learning and Teaching Environments) Model ensures we provide a safe learning environment for children and young people impacted by trauma. It is a holistic, school-wide change model that targets at-risk students.
Our education program offers:
- individual or small group learning
- on and off-site alternate programs to develop school readiness
- referrals to specialist support services, as required.
How to Enrol
Students are referred to MacKillop Education by their own school, the Catholic Education Office, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) or a Community/ Mental Health Service.
Please enquire to obtain referral and enrolment forms.
Download school policies, forms, statements and medical forms
School values and community statements
- Anti-Bullying Policy
- Behaviour Support Manual
- Child Safe Code of Conduct Policy
- Child Safety Policy
- Learning and Teaching Policy
- Managing Complaints and Grievances Policy
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data for Host Schools
- Nationally Consistent Collection of Data Policy
- Policy for Providing First Aid
- Risk Assessment Matrix