At MacKillop, we understand the many challenges facing vulnerable and at-risk families, as well as the people who support and work with them.
Through our Parenting Resource Centre, we offer:
- comprehensive information and parenting education
- publications and newsletters that provide a comprehensive listing of parenting groups, support groups, play groups, training, programs for children and other services
- support, training and mentoring to professionals involved in group work
- a library of resources for all aspects of parenting and group work
- consultation services to professionals involved in parent education and support
Our Time Out newsletter is available for the parents/carers of children and young people with a disability. It provides a comprehensive listing of parent support groups available to families living Melbourne's western metropolitan region.
Time Out is published quarterly and provides information about parenting programs and services available to families living in the Melbourne metropolitan local government areas of:
- Hobsons Bay
- Moonee Valley
In addition to these resources we also run parenting courses to support families to build strong and positive relationships.